Providing excellent customer service comes down to how well you know your customers. To be able to ensure high customer satisfaction levels you must be able to understand the wants, needs and drivers of customer behaviour.
With the explosion of data and the rise of digital, the way we measure customer satisfaction has changed significantly over the last 10 to 20 years.
We have provided a guide to measuring customer satisfaction to assist our clients in understanding their customers better – and in turn how to enhance their own business outcomes.
Basic Metrics: Total satisfaction reported as an aggregated score for all customers
- Market Segmentation: None
- Data Collection Method: Phone and email surveys on an annual basis
- Satisfaction Measure: Total satisfaction
- Outcome: Aggregated satisfaction score for all customers
Contemporary Models: Frequent monitoring of customer satisfaction, and insights based on customer segments
- Market Segmentation: Demographic, geographic, behavioural and functional
- Data Collection Method: Phone, email and online surveys bi-annually, quarterly or monthly
- Satisfaction Measure: Net Promoter Score (NPS) and detailed satisfaction analysis
- Outcome: More frequent monitoring of customer satisfaction, and insights based on customer segments
Cutting Edge Insights: Individualised, automated and real-time satisfaction measurement
- Market Segmentation: Understanding each customer on an individual level
- Data Collection Method: NPS, detailed satisfaction analysis, cross-industry benchmarking and best practice, purchase behaviour, key customer drivers
- Technique: Extensive data collection through iPad’s, App’s, Social Media Polls, VoxPops, and email/online Surveys
- Outcome: Individualised, automated and real-time satisfaction measurement
Predictive Modelling: Extensive data capture and interrogation to forecast whole-of-business outcomes
- Market Segmentation: Development of a 360° view of each customer
- Data Collection Method: Extensive data acquisition, analytics and aggregation from multiple platforms
- Technique: Big data, data mining, predictive modelling and machine learning
- Outcome: Extensive data capture and interrogation to forecast whole-of-business outcomes
If you would like to discuss how we can help your organisation improve its understanding of customer insights, please contact Anna via firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free coffee consultation!